Sometimes the name of an apple says it all. Honeycrisp apples are honey sweet (with a touch of tart) and amazingly crisp. Kids love the taste, and it’s easy to see why this recent variety has continued to grow in popularity since its 1991 introduction in Minnesota. More Honeycrisp trees are being planted every year in New York to increase the annual harvest.
- Complex, sweet-tart flavor
- Super-crisp yellow flesh
- Excellent for eating and salads
- Good for sauces, baking, and pies
- These ultra-crisp apples appeal to children and teens. They’re a great way to encourage healthy snacking.
- September through February